The Scrum Master has a hands-on role in managing the Scrum process within software development teams. They help their teams adopt and improve on the Scrum methodology. They coach their teams to higher levels of maturity by continually improving their process, and ensuring that they adhere to the Scrum framework. They lead efforts to get Scrum training for all members of their team (Product Owners, developers, QA, business analysts, managers, stakeholders, etc.) They serve as the Scrum framework authority for their teams and evangelize and educate their teams on, not only the process, but the benefits of following the process.
As a servant-leader, the Scrum Master leads dedicated teams to deliver business value through their development and delivery execution. He/she works with Product Owners to ensure the appropriate development and delivery of the prioritized backlog. Scrum Masters have above average communication and facilitation skills, are well organized, and exhibit above average follow-up and follow-through skills. They facilitate discussion, decision making and conflict resolution. They evangelize, demonstrate, and live the Agile values and principles as stated in the Agile Manifesto.
· Be a servant leader: You receive as much satisfaction from facilitating others’ success as your own.
· Remove impediments: You do everything in your power to remove obstacles that are preventing the team from accomplishing its Sprint goals.
· Radiate information: You make sure that all information needed to ensure the team’s progress and successes are highly visible to all stakeholders, including the team itself (e.g. backlogs, burndown/up charts, etc.)
· Support the Product Owner: You work to assist the Product Owner, through communicating updates and removing impediments, assisting with backlog and release plan maintenance, etc.
· Facilitate creativity and empowerment for the development team: You foster an environment where creativity and empowerment can flourish.
· Improve the team’s engineering practices and tools as needed: You make sure teams have the tools and know-how they need to succeed.
· Communicate, communicate, communicate. You ensure that everyone—the Product Owner, the team, and various other stakeholders—are always up-to-speed.
Own Your Tomorrow embodies everything we do! We are committed to helping our employees ignite their potential and achieve their dreams. Our employees get to play a central role in reinventing a multi-trillion-dollar industry, creating a better, more modern way to build and manage wealth.
Benefits: A competitive and flexible package designed to empower you for today and tomorrow. We offer a competitive and flexible package designed to help you make the most of your life at work and at home—today and in the future. Explore further.
Schwab is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to any status that is protected by law. Please click here to see the policy.
Schwab is an affirmative action employer, focused on advancing women, racial and ethnic minorities, veterans, and individuals with disabilities in the workplace. If you have a disability and require reasonable accommodations in the application process, contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-275-1281.
TD Ameritrade, a subsidiary of Charles Schwab, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. At TD Ameritrade we believe People Matter. We value diversity and believe that it goes beyond all protected classes, thoughts, ideas, and perspectives.