Schwab is recruiting to hire a results-oriented technology leader with a strong track record of technology-enabled business delivery, and building and developing high performing teams. Our main goal here at Schwab is to transform people’s lives by changing the way the world invests.
This role requires leading a dynamic team of individual contributors including Engineers in Development and Test, Technical Analysts, Scrum Masters, program management, as well as effectively collaborating cross enterprise Managers. This individual must have strong execution, organizational and people leadership capabilities to lead Agile-oriented Product Development teams. The ability to understand and align with technology and business goals, and communicate to senior business leadership is an essential component of the role. Candidates should have a passion for emerging technologies and be capable of influencing and inspiring the team in developing innovative solutions that meet the business needs.
· Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline.
· 10+ years of leading and managing IT teams, with project management, resource management, and offshore resource management capabilities.
· 3+ years of experience in Financial Services Industry a plus.
· 5+ years of experience with running medium to large/complex projects with multiple dependencies.
Leadership and Management
· Demonstrated ability to define and communicate strategy and vision and influence across the Enterprise is essential
· Demonstrated ability to effectively inspire and influence teams and partners in delivering technology enabled business solutions that meet business needs.
· Ability to execute at scale in a dynamic environment
· Ability to build strong relationships and promote collaboration
· Ability to identify talent, recruit, hire, and build high performing teams
· Ability to coach, mentor, and provide direct, timely performance feedback; experience setting direction, tracking progress, and ensuring accountability
· Strong interpersonal, analytical, problem solving and organizational skills.
· Ability to independently work as a contributing member in a high-paced and focused team. Good verbal and written communication skills.
· Ability to thrive in a flexible and fast-paced environment across multiple time zones and locations.
· Experience in planning, implementation and support of business application components, including change and release management.
· Professional experience building scalable enterprise applications with high availability and reliability.
· Strong technology affinity and experience, as well as attention to detail and the ability to design, execute against strategic goals.
· Experience leading in an Agile delivery environment and implementing Continuous Deliver is a big plus
· Broad and deep knowledge of IT/software technology and trends, domain knowledge and experience in infrastructure support, application development, and cloud based application development, web services, middleware, operating systems, databases, networking, security and business intelligence.
· Good knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Red Hat LINUX, standard relational databases, such as Microsoft SQL Server, IBM DB2 or Oracle and NO SQL Databases. Experience leading legacy technology stack is a plus.