Our team’s mission is to inspire clients to own their tomorrow by marshalling the aggregate power of Schwab. The Business Project Management role is responsible for implementing key business initiatives that improve the client experience while executing against business goals and objectives. The individual in this role will document the vision, develop strategic project plans, and execute against aggressive timelines while managing risk to the firm. They will collaborate with internal partners to define and implement new products and services that create better financial outcomes for clients. The individual will also drive implementation planning and execution, field communications, training, policies and procedures to execute assigned initiatives.
The Business Project Management role is perfect for someone who thrives in a fast-paced environment, deals well with ambiguity, and is energized by managing change that moves the company forward. The ideal candidate for this role has:
- Demonstrated project management and organizational skills
- Strong client focus (internal and external)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both internal and external at all levels
- An ability to analyze business processes and identify opportunities for improvement
- Strong mediation skills - must have the ability to weigh multiple stakeholder perspectives, escalate issues, and partner with manager to drive timely and effective decision-making
- Strong analytical problem solving skills
- A results-oriented approach to business
The candidate for this role will have significant opportunities to present and interact with Leadership and be measured by the ability to execute against their own well-developed project plan. There is a significant degree of autonomy with this role with the ability to work from home occasionally. Travel not required more than a couple times a year to various Schwab locations.
· Minimum of 2 years of experience managing and implementing projects to client-facing organizations
· Undergraduate degree in financial services or project management discipline
· Preferred knowledge of the financial services industry